Pebnisman is a 2D shooter and RPG-hybrid that borderlines on “bullet-hell”. Although it began as nothing more than a joke, it soon blossomed into a retro-style shooter with many common arcade elements. It remains comedic throughout, often parodying well-known games and overly used gameplay and plot devices while presenting the player with a fair challenge More…
Though the last version of Pman claimed to be the final, I decided to give the game a quick overhaul because I noticed a number of now-redundant images in its folders. I also wanted to repackage it. In the end though, I ended up giving the game quite an overhaul that included integrating the setup utility with the game.
Latest Changes in Version 3.0
- Integrated the Setup Utility into game (now appears as the main menu option, “Config”)
- Removed excess dlls and images from older versions
- Increased compatibility
- Removed all non-DirectX dependencies (incl. Setup)
- Fixed setup utility
- Installer version better compressed and installer is more stable
- Updated documentation
Changes in v2.1
- Awesome new installer that adds an uninstall option to Windows Control Panel (Add/Remove Programs for XP, Programs and Features for Vista and 7).
- A tiny bug I didn’t even notice until recently has been corrected. The game now displays max HP/SP at level ups instead of current HP/SP.
- Should run on x86 and x64 versions of Windows.
- Penisman can now be installed to any directory (will cause install error messages, just ignore).
- The setup utility is now in the same folder as the game (easier, simpler).
- Faster GUI for the setup utility since most graphics are rendered internally.
- Auto-detection of available resolutions added to setup.
- Dead-zone calibration for analogue joysticks has been added.
- Better, smoother, more responsive button/key assignments for Input Setup.
- Better support for gaming devices has been added.
- Better display support including support for app switching (alt+tab)
- Smoother input during profile creation.
- In-game GUI bugs fixed (freezing until key pressed, skipping screens).
- Firing error at next level start fixed (properly this time).
- Defaults to normal windowed mode on error to prevent crashes.
- Large portion of the code was re-coded for better performance.
- Exiting via “Quit” option in main menu has been sped up.